To our Valued Patients:
ISLAND DENTAL CENTER is closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation focusing on the wellbeing and safety of you, our valued patients. You will notice we have taken all measures recommended by the CDC to protect your health. Your safety is our prime objective.
We have instructed our team to avoid shaking hands directly. A fist or elbow touch is much less likely to transmit pathogens.
At this time, Island Dental Center will operate as normal on a regular schedule. If any changes should be made, we will communicate with you directly.
Below are some best practices instructed by the CDC for illness prevention:
- Please let us know if you or anyone you have been with exhibits upper respiratory symptoms.
- Avoid frequent touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick or have respiratory symptoms
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. We will be happy to reschedule any appointment if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
- As always, we will treat frequently touched objects and surfaces using our regular surface disinfectants and Clorox wipes.
- We always use disposable masks and gloves, whenever in contact with a patient.
- We are unconditionally committed to maximum sterilization techniques for all instruments.
- Wash your hands often as we do, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Dr. Len Wedlich, D.M.D., B.Sc.
Dr. Lara Loescher, BDS, MFDS